Thursday 24 November 2011

Hey cold, Hello snow.

 It might be physically impossible to continue this project in the same manner. You can see the flight into insanity as my hands freeze and the drawings are rendered more sketchy and less detailed. Time to get inventive.
It is diffucult to find very omnipotent vistas from warm, windowed, and free-to-occupy spaces. Windowed stairwells? Permissed occupation of furniture store window displays?




Two quickies - hands and feet frozen solid. It actually becomes a bit of an emergency - if I have nowhere to go inside to warm up, I wander the streets in a senseless nightmare, unable to feel the ground or release my bladder. For some unjust reason, many places are extremely restrictive about public use of washrooms. Terrible! I arrive at this issue way too frequently - how does one relieve oneself when one wants to meander uninterruptedly without stopping at a reliable school, library, or church (my three pit-stops). What is the alternative? If neither Jean-Coutu nor Dollarama want my pee in their toilet, where do they want it?

Gingerbread houses. I like holidays. I'm inventing a recipe for mint-chocolate cocktails.

It seems that a lot more outdoor activity in Outremont is recreational, rather than utilitous as in other areas of Montreal. Moms are out for strolls, geared up bikers and joggers veer up and down the streets, and very few people seem to commute without a car. There is definitely no commotion or hustle - no bustle, for that matter, either. It's strange to find neighbourhoods so pristinely ungraced by plethoric public transit systems. Hey! Remember how I said if I mention nothing about my job, it exists no more? Consider that statement expired by this one. It was a slushy afternoon where I left work without knowing where I was going, so I just went up a road I'd never been before. Entertainment abounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment